Join us to celebrate breastfeeding in a fun “competition” where every child “wins” because they are breastfed!
- What: Quintessence Breastfeeding Challenge. This fun event is a challenge for which geographic area (province, state or territory) has the most breastfeeding babies, as a percentage of the birthrate, “latched on” on a selected day in the first week of October.
- When: Any day from October 1-7
- Why: To celebrate breastfeeding and milk-banking, and demonstrate promotion, protection and support for breastfeeding women and their families. It’s a chance for education and peer support done in a fun social way.
- Location: a health unit or other venue for small groups - online for larger groups. We encourage everyone to follow public health experts recommendations regarding what is possible during the current pandemic at the time of the Challenge.
- Numbers: 1-??
- "Latch on": 11am local time usually. Some sites are a few breastfeeding women who get together to “be counted” and others are much larger events with virtual groups
- Register a site! Registration: online at no cost. Check out further information under "Breastfeeding Challenge" at the top of this page.