Join us to celebrate breastfeeding in a fun “competition” where every child “wins” because they are breastfed!
- What: Quintessence Breastfeeding Challenge. This fun event is a challenge for which geographic area (province, state or territory) has the most breastfeeding babies, as a percentage of the birthrate, “latched on” at 11am local time.
- When: First Saturday in October of each year
- Why: To celebrate breastfeeding and milk-banking, and demonstrate promotion, protection and support for breastfeeding women and their families. It’s a chance for education and peer support done in a fun social way.
- Location: a health unit or hospital, local coffee shop, mall or any other venue.
- Numbers: 2-??
- "Latch on": 11am local time. Some sites are a few breastfeeding women who get together to “be counted” and others are much larger events with lunch, raffles, education, speakers, door prizes etc
- Registration: online at no cost (option to print and mail) Visit www.babyfriendly.ca